Household Support Fund
Our Heating Bank, supported by Cheshire West and Chester Council’s Household Support Fund, is aimed at assisting vulnerable community members with energy costs. The fund primarily targets low-income households and those struggling to pay their energy costs.
Application is online only, please do not contact our Adviceline as they will not be able to assist with an application.
Before completing the form, please review the eligibility criteria outlined below:
You must be a resident of Cheshire West and Chester and:
- Struggling to pay your energy bills
- Provide proof of address
- Details of pre payment meter or copy of most recent energy bill
When to apply
For this round of funding, we will be opening the Heating Bank at 10am on the following dates:
- Wednesday 3rd January
- Monday 5th February
- Monday 4th March
Funds are limited for each application window and applications will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis until the funds are exhausted.
The form will close once the funds have been allocated.
Number of Awards:
- One award per household, per month.
- The form will ask you for contact information, household and energy supply details. If there seems to be a mistake or error, or if you have any doubt that your submission was successful, please contact us.
- Incomplete or incorrect application forms will not be processed and will be deleted from our records.
- Applications that do not meet the eligibility criteria, fail to provide evidence, or do not grant consent for personal data processing will not be considered.
Struggling to Pay Bills or Emergency Situations:
- If you are in an emergency situation, please contact your energy supplier directly.
- If you are experiencing difficulties in paying your energy bills and have not yet sought assistance, it is recommended to reach out to your energy supplier, as they may be able to provide support.
- For assistance with energy debts or concerns about potential disconnection, please consider the following options:
- Citizens Advice Cheshire West Adviceline – 0808 2787806
- Cheshire West HELP Scheme – 0808 1753599
- Alternatively you can find out more information on our website.
Energy Saving Advice
Our Energy Saving Team offers free telephone or in person advice to anyone who wants to find out more about how to manage their energy usage. To find out more, please complete our online form
They also offer free workshops to community groups based in Cheshire. These workshops aim to help reduce energy costs by providing information to help make sustainable changes in behaviour to reduce consumption, and raise awareness of grants and schemes available.
Please take a moment to look at the following tips on how to save money on your energy bills provided by the Energy Saving Trust.