We understand that housing issues can often arise and therefore you need to know your rights and responsibilities.  You could also find yourself threatened with eviction if you can’t cope with your mortgage payments.  On these pages you can find information about how to go about renting or buying a home or just finding somewhere to live.  You can also find advice on handling problems with your landlord and help to avoid losing your home.

The Citizens Advice information site is the best place to start looking for help and advice. Click the button below. 

Search below for contact details of organisations who may be able to help further.

Emergency Housing

Service Contact number or website Description
Chester Aid to the Homeless 01244 314 834  cath.org.uk 

For street homeless when Council refuse help

ForFutures www.forfutures.co.uk 

For about to be homeless as first port of call

CWAC Housing Options 0808 175 3595  www.cheshirewestandchester.gov.uk 

For those facing homelessness or accessing housing register

National Homelessness Advice Service 0300 3300 517  www.nhas.org.uk 

for homeless/street homeless

Soul Kitchen soulkitchenchester.org.uk 


Service Contact number or website Description
Shelter England - National Helpline 0808 800 4444  england.shelter.org.uk 

Telephone advice, open into mid-evenings

Liverpool Community Advice 0151 662 0059  www.liverpoolcommunityadvice.org.uk 

Legal aid work on housing, benefit appeals.

British Legion 0808 802 8080 

Benefits, debt and housing for forces/ex-forces

University of Law - Pro Bono (Term time only) 0148 312 8909  www.law.ac.uk 

Free written advice (Legal Advice Clinic)

RCJ Citizens Advice 0203 475 4373  www.rcjadvice.org.uk 

Civil and Housing Advice/Rep for those who can’t afford a lawyer

WTB Solicitors 0161 224 3311  www.wtbsolicitors.com 

Eviction/Possession under legal aid

PDA Solicitors 01244 757 323  www.pdalaw.co.uk 

Services for landlords and tenants (Free initial consultation and merits analysis)

Duncan Lewis Solicitors 033 3772 0409  www.duncanlewis.co.uk 

Legal aid solicitors for family, housing, and mental capacity/court of protection (No free sessions)

Advice For Landlords

Service Contact number or website Description
Hunters 0333 444 5291  www.hunters.com 

Landlord and real estate (Free case/merits analysis)

Rowlinsons 01928 735 333  www.rowlinsons.co.uk 

Landlords (Free initial advice all subjects)

Landlord Advice UK 020 3903 2000  landlordadvice.co.uk 

Free initial advice and checks on validy of notices, but charges apply for document preparation or casework


Service Contact number or website Description
Housing Ombudsman 0300 111 3000  www.housing-ombudsman.org.uk 

Issues with social housing post-complaints process

CWAC Housing Standards Team 0300 123 7038 

For private tenants to report disrepair or dangers that their landlords won’t deal with

Skip to content
Give feedback...