Our Energy Advice Programme is a Citizens Advice initiative, funded by the energy companies as part of their obligations. This is a specialist energy advice service for clients who are in fuel poverty or at risk of being in fuel poverty. It is provided alongside general advice.
This one to one advice service is available to people are wholly or mainly on a low income and/or vulnerable, and therefore in or at risk of fuel poverty, including people who fall into one or more of the following categories:
- Those spending >10% of net monthly income on utilities
- Those on low incomes
- Those in receipt of DLA/PIP, JSA, ESA or Universal Credit
- Those with a disability/long term sickness
- Those of pensionable age
- Those with dependent children
We can help with a whole range of energy matters including:
- Finding the cheapest energy supplier and tariff
- Dealing with fuel debt, including help to negotiate affordable payment arrangements and grant applications.
- Information on grants for insulation and other energy efficiency measures
- Budgeting for future energy usage
- Understanding your energy bill and setting heating controls
Appointments can be made by visiting one of our local offices in Northwich, Chester or Winsford Monday to Friday between 9am and 12 noon and 1pm and 4pm. In Ellesmere Port we are open Monday to Friday 9am – 2pm. Or, phone 03445 76 61 11 Monday to Friday 10am-12.30pm and 1pm – 4pm. We can also arrange home visits for people who are unable to travel to one of our offices.